Follow the Line
2020 Juried Student Art ExhibitionThe Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce the 2020 juried student art exhibition: Follow the Line. This special exhibition of juried student art work will accompany the Stark Museum of Art’s special exhibition The Drawing Experience (opening February 15, 2020). The exhibition will be on display March 24 – May 9, 2020 in the Community Gallery at the Stark Museum of Art. The exhibition of student artwork will be juried by Staff at the Stark Museum of Art and will include up to 100 works of art created by 3rd – 12th artists in Region 5, TX and Calcasieu Parish, LA. Artwork should be created in a way to emphasize the use of line.
Featured Artists – TBA
Award Recipients – TBA
Student Artist Recognition Ceremony – TBA
Additional Teacher Information
The exhibition of student artwork will be juried by Staff at the Stark Museum of Art, and will include up to 100 works of art created by 3rd-12th artists in Region 5, TX and Calcasieu Parish, LA. Artwork should be created in a way to emphasize the use of line.
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms will be available online beginning September 10, 2019.(Coming soon!)
- A classroom presentation is available for teachers to help them discuss this year’s theme and guidelines with
students. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- DEADLINE: Artwork must be received by the Stark Museum of Art by Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Featured artists will be announced on the Stark Museum of Art website no later than March 3, 2020.
- Artwork not selected for the exhibition will be scanned and featured in a digital display inside the museum and
must be picked up by April 1, 2020.
- Featured artists will be honored at the 2019 Juried Art Reception & Awards on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 from
5:00 -8:00 p.m. (3rd-5th at 5:30 p.m., 6th-8th at 6:15 p.m., 9th-12th at 7:00 p.m.)
- Artwork selected for the Juried Student Art Exhibition must be picked up at the Museum from May 19-23, 2020.
Artwork that is not picked up will be deemed donated and will be discarded or used for other purposes as deemed
appropriate by the Stark Museum.
For questions or information, please contact Jennifer Restauri Dickinson at 409.221.6685 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Submission:
- Artist must currently be enrolled in grades 3-12 in public, private, or homeschool in Region 5, TX or Calcasieu Parish. Artwork will be juried and exhibited in 3 categories: 3-5, 6-8, 9-12.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, and either hand-rendered or traditional/digitally manipulated images.
- Artwork must be no smaller than 8” x 10” and no larger than 9” x 12”.
- Submissions should be on a flat, 2-dimensional surface, no deeper than ¼” inch. Please no entries on stretched
- Matted and/or framed submissions will not be accepted and returned immediately to the artist or teacher
submitting the work
- Only one original artwork per artist may be submitted.
- Artwork should be created in a way to emphasize the use of line.
- Artwork must be appropriate for an audience of all ages, including children. Excessively violent themes, offensive, crude, or derogatory subjects or designs are not permitted. Stark Museum reserves the right to disqualify artwork which it considers inappropriate for any reason.
- Artwork must have a typed label with artist name, grade level and school on the back of his/her submission.
- Artist must submit a completed artist statement worksheet with their submission (see registration form). Worksheets
should be neatly handwritten or typed. The Museum is not responsible for misspellings due to illegible writing.
- Completed registration form, with student and parent signatures, MUST accompany the artwork. All students regardless of age must have both parent/guardian and student signature.
- Artwork will be juried on 4 criteria: skillful use of chosen medium, commensurate with artist’s grade level; composition and design; artist statement; and creativity.